Dedicated Secure Unit: Erases and Formats storage devices (HDD, SSD, USB storage device, Multi Media Cards)
Main Hardware Features:
Case: Desktop, Industrial
Display: 8" (800X600) LED backlight Touchscreen color LCD display
8 Channel HDD Open Tray:
An easy to insert and plug tray, that accommodates any size and shape of Hard Disk Drive storage devices, yielding power status LED indicators
Hardware: Very high quality high performing components, some with military specifications. The units are assembled and tested in the US
Hardware upgrade: If user needs to use more simultaneous sessions, some of the units can be upgraded at time of purchasing for an additional cost to a CPU with more cores
OS: Linux Ubuntu 64 bit
Application Updates: Application can be easily updated via USB thumb drive and special update application screen
HPA/DCO Automatic Supports: The application has the ability to automatically open HPA and DCO areas and resize the hard drive to its full native capacity in order to erase any “hidden data” (HPA/DCO are special areas on the hard disk drive that support this feature)
Bad Sectors Handling: User can select to skip bad sectors/blocks, or abort the operation when it encounters bad sectors/block of sectors on the source hard disk drive
Support Storage Protocols and Interfaces: SAS, SATA, e-SATA enclosures, IDE, USB2.0, USB3.0, MMC, M.2 (NGFF)*, 1394*, and SCSI*
Support Form Factors: 3.5", 2.5", ZIF, 1.8", Micro-SATA, Mini-SATA, PCIE*, Mini PCIE*, M.2(NGFF)* storage devices
Erase Multi-Media-Cards: Supports SD/CF/Memory Stick/ microSD with the use of a Multi Media Card reader via USB port
Security: Linux OS. No Network port. No Wi-Fi connectivity No Bluetooth, the unit has total isolation from potential malicious Malware
GUI: The application is built with large and very simple and easy-to-navigate icons. In a few clicks user can set the operation, and it will be quickly up and running
Speed: Externally fast operation:
Tested with a single erase pass operation for 8 WD Blue 1TB hard disk drives, in 8 separate sessions running simultaneously with speed of 8.2GB/min
Tested with a single erase pass with 8 120GB SanDisk Extreme II, in 8 separate sessions running simultaneously with speed of 29GB/min
Log Files: Audit trail in PDF formats, or txt formats with ability to customize the reports and adding user company’ logo
Max size of supported hard disk drive: 16 Exabytes
Main application Features:
• Erase data from hard disk drives
• Quick Format
• Multiple Session Operations: User can run a multiple efficient parallel operation on any available ports. There are some limitations on the number of simultaneous sessions: i5 CPU has 4 sessions limitation, i7 CPU has 8 sessions limitation. However, user can combine more than one port/storage devices in the same sessions.
Also user can mix different type of operations, and each operation is set as a new independent session.
Example of operations:
Erase data with DoD protocol from a hard disk drive on one port, Quick format hard disk drive on a second port, while performing user-erase hard disk drives on the remaining ports.
• Hard Drive Detection Application Screen: All hard disk drives and storage devices that are connected to the units will be scanned and displayed in one application screen, called “the detection screen”. User can tap on each drive to get its detailed info, as well as selecting it for the desired operation they are planning to use
• Multiple Session Application Screen: All running sessions are displayed in one Application Screen. The application screen shows the name of the session, the operation of the session, the error or abortion flag, completion progress bar, successful completion flag. User can abort a session, tap on a session to monitor its real time running progress and get detailed setting. It is a very easy way to view, navigate, and control the sessions
2 Main Modes of Options:
• Continuous Mode: The user can run continuous erase operations with a multiple session operation. (The numbers of sessions are limited to the number of available CPU cores (8 for this unit). Each port, whether SAS/SATA or USB, can be used as an independent session for the erase operation. The user plugs a device into a port and can then run a session with the erase operation on the selected port. The user can abort the operation in the middle of the run, independent of other running sessions. When an erase session is completed, the user can continue to remove the erased device from the port and replace it with another device that needs erasing. All of this is possible while other sessions are still continuously running
• Batch Mode: The user can select and run a single session with certain ports and devices. For example, you can combine all 8 channels into one session
• Native SAS: 8 Ports
• Native SATA: 9 Ports (with use of the unit’s eSATA port)
• USB3.0: 6 Ports
More Erase Ports:
With the use of USB3.0 to SATA fast adapters and with the combination of e-SATA port, the unit can support erase up to 15 SATA Hard Disk Drives.
With the use of Express Port Option enabled and the Optional Sonnet 4 SAS Ports Express Card Adapter, the application can supports erase up to 12 SAS Hard Disk Drives.
Erase and Quick Format Operation:
Hard Disk Drive Erase Protocols: DoD 5220-22M, Security Erase, Enhanced Security Erase, or User-Defined Final Data Filling Pattern, and the number of erase iterations (Security Erase, Enhanced Security Erase, and DoD erase protocols are NIST 800-88 compliance)
Quick Format: NTFS, FAT, exFAT, HFS+, EXT4
Logs and Erase Certification: The application generates extensive erase log files and erase certification (option to save to NIST 800-88 format) that are easy to export to USB flash drive
S.M.A.R.T. drive scan: If user intend to erase drive for re-use purpose, it would be recommended to to run some "Health test" on the drive prior to erase process. There are available are 3 type of tests:
Short Test (2-5 minutes) which scan random area on the drive, Extended Full Test (Can take hours) that scan the entire drive, or Conveyance Test that identify damage incurred during transporting of the drive, to evaluate the "health" condition of the drive prior to erase operation.
Expansion capabilities and the main hardware options:
Express Card Port Option: Optional port that needs to be pre-installed at time of purchasing in the main unit: This option gives the user the ability to plug and use a few kinds of Express Card Adapters and support erase data from additional interfaces and devices. This option is very useful and saves in most of the cases the need for an expensive and bulky Expansion Box. The Express Card Adapters can be dual port 1394A/B, PCIE memory cards (Sony SxS), Mini-PCIE that are not supported by SATA protocols (Are used in some MacBook Air, with M.2 (NGFF) form factor)
Expansion Port and Expansion Box Option: Optional expansion ports that enable user to plug in an Expansion Box to add on many devices: User can configure the main unit with only one connectivity port or Express Card Port or Expansion Port. The Expansion Port is usually required when user needs to erase data from SCSI Hard Disk Drives. In addition to purchasing the Expansion Box, user can also purchase the SCSI 2 drives Kit which supports erase from 2 SCSI Hard Disk drives. The SCSI 2 drives Kit includes all the cables, terminators and adapters that are needed to operate 2 SCSI hard disk drives. (The SCSI controller is installed inside the Expansion Box). The Expansion Box is also supplied with a low profile Express Card Reader pre-installed inside the Expansion box
USB3.0 to SATA adapters and Kits Option:Today USB3.0 technology is extremely fast and can run read data from SSD drives up to 20GB/min.With the use of USB3.0 to SATA 4 channel Kit, user can convert 4 USB3.0 ports to 4 SATA ports on any of MediaClone unit. The optional Kit is supplied with one external PS and it includes all the cabling to power and connect the 4 USB3.0 to SATA adapters. The tested performance when running 4 adapters in parallel was measured at a very high speed and very little speed degradation.
SCSI KIT Option: The SCSI Kit includes the low profile PCIE X1 SCSI controller with single port, 2 channel SCSI LVDS cable (68pin connectors), SCSI terminator, and VHDCI to SCSI 2 adapter
1394 Option: This option is supplied with 1394A/B Express Card. It is a very easy and quick way to add support for 1394 devices that can be daisy chained. This option works on units that support, and installed with Expansion Port or Express Port Options
USB3.0/SATA to M.2 (NGFF) adapters Option: Most current laptops and tablets use M.2 (NGFF) Storage devices. This adapter supports connectivity to some of the newest SSD M.2 storages (Storages that supported by SATA Protocols). There is a class of SSD drives, with NGFF connectors, that are not supported by SATA protocols, and are not supported by those adapters. The M.2 NGFF connectors, for instance, came in a variety of models, and were not standardized until 2014
Warranty: One year free warranty on the main unit (it is not included warranty on accessories, adapters and cables)
* Expansion ready unit.
* With Expansion options