SuperWiper® 7" Mini - A Field –Data-Eraser unit with 3 SATA & 4 USB3.0 ports.
This is an Affordable and extremely fast hard disk drive – as well as other storage devices – Sanitizer. It supports the Department of Defense (DoD) 220-22M specification, Secure Erase, and Enhanced Security Erase protocols (supported by SATA drives) which is highly recommended for erase data from SSD.
It supports 3 SATA ports and 4 USB3.0 ports and can erase in parallel up to 7 storage devices. The unit is very small, lightweight, easy-to-carry, and built with 7" Touchscreen. The erase application is designed with Touchscreen navigation icons, and in a few simple clicks, the operation is up and running.
This high performance unit erases Solid State Drives (SSD) at 28GB/Min, 1TB WD Blue SATA Hard Disk Drives at 10GB/min.
It runs under Linux OS, which is a much secured environment.
The SuperWiper™ application generates a detailed log file, and erases certification in PDF formats for each hard drive that has been successfully erased.
The erase operation is NIST 800-88 compliance with the use of DoD, Security Erase, and Enhanced Security Erase protocols.
Additional feature: S.M.A.R.T drive tests: User can chose to run: Short Test (2-5 minutes) or Extended Full Test or Conveyance Test,
to evaluate the "health" condition of the drive prior to erase operation.
An optional external battery is available: User can erase data from 3 WD 1TB hard disk drives for around 2h, or perform an erase operation on USB flash media for around 5h.
Dedicated Secure Erase Field Unit:
Erases and Formats storage devices (HDD, SSD, USB storage device, Multi Media Cards)
Main Hardware Features:
Case: Very Compact, hand held, handy, easy to carry
CPU: i5 mobile
Display: 7" (1280X800) LED backlight Touchscreen color LCD display
Hardware: Very high quality high performing components, some with military specifications. The units are assembled and tested in the US
OS: Linux Ubuntu 64 bit
Application Updates: Application can be easily updated via USB flash drive and special update application screen
HPA/DCO Automatic Supports: The application has the ability to automatically open HPA and DCO areas and resize the hard drive to its full native capacity in order to erase any “hidden data” (HPA/DCO are special areas on the hard disk drive that support this feature)
Bad Sectors Handling: User can select to skip bad sectors/blocks, or abort the operation when it encounters bad sectors/block of sectors on the source hard disk drive
Support Storage Protocols and Interfaces: SATA, e-SATA enclosures, IDE, USB2.0, USB3.0, MMC, M.2 (NGFF) that supported by SATA protocols
Support Form Factors: 3.5", 2.5", ZIF, 1.8", Micro-SATA, Mini-SATA, M.2(NGFF)* storage devices
Erase Multi-Media-Cards: Supports SD/CF/Memory Stick/ microSD with the use of a Multi Media Card reader via USB port
Security: Linux OS. No Wi-Fi or Bluetooth connectivity. If not used with network port, the unit has total isolation from potential malicious Malware
GUI: The application is built with large and very simple and easy-to-navigate icons. In a few clicks user can set the operation, and it will be quickly up and running
Speed: Extremely fast operation:
• Tested with a single erase pass operation for 8 WD Blue 1TB hard disk drives, in 8 separate sessions running simultaneously with speed of 8.2GB/min
• Tested with a single erase pass with 8 120GB SanDisk Extreme II, in 8 separate sessions running simultaneously with speed of 29GB/min
Log Files: Audit trail in PDF formats, or txt formats with ability to customize the reports and adding user company’ logo
Max size of supported hard disk drive: 16 Exbibytes
S.M.A.R.T scan: If user intend to erase drive for re-use purpose, it would be recommended to to run some "Health test" on the drive prior to erase process.
There are available are 3 type of tests:
Short Test (2-5 minutes) which scan random area on the drive,
Extended Full Test (Can take hours) that scan the entire drive or
Conveyance Test that identify damage incurred during transporting of the drive,
to evaluate the "health" condition of the drive prior to erase operation.
Main application Features:
• Erase data from hard disk drives
• Quick Format
• Multiple Session Operations: User can run a multiple efficient parallel operation on any available ports. There are some limitations on the number of simultaneous sessions: i5 CPU has 4 sessions limitation, i7 CPU has 8 sessions limitation. However, user can combine more than one port/storage devices in the same sessions. Also user can mix different type of operations, and each operation is set as a new independent session. Example of operations: Erase data with DoD protocol from a hard disk drive on one port, Quick format hard disk drive on a second port, while performing user-erase hard disk drives on the remaining ports.
• Hard Drive Detection Application Screen: All hard disk drives and storage devices that are connected to the units will be scanned and displayed in one application screen, called “the detection screen”. User can tap on each drive to get its detailed info, as well as selecting it for the desired operation they are planning to use
• Multiple Session Application Screen: All running sessions are displayed in one Application Screen. The application screen shows the name of the session, the operation of the session, the error or abortion flag, completion progress bar, successful completion flag. User can abort a session, tap on a session to monitor its real time running progress and get detailed setting. It is a very easy way to view, navigate, and control the sessions
2 Main Modes of Options:
• Continuous Mode: The user can run continuous erase operations with a multiple session operation. (The numbers of sessions are limited to the number of available CPU cores (4 for this unit). Each port, whether SAS/SATA or USB, can be used as an independent session for the erase operation.
The user plugs a device into a port and can then run a session with the erase operation on the selected port. The user can abort the operation in the middle of the run, independent of other running sessions.
When an erase session is completed, the user can continue to remove the erased device from the port and replace it with another device that needs erasing.
ll of this is possible while other sessions are still continuously running
• Batch Mode: The user can select and run a single session with certain ports and devices. For example, you can combine all 7 channels into one session.
• Native SATA: 3 Ports
• USB3.0: 4 Ports
More Erase Ports:
With the use of USB3.0 to SATA fast adapters, the unit can support erase up to 7 SATA Hard Disk Drives.
Erase and Quick Format Operation:
Hard Disk Drive Erase Protocols: DoD 5220-22M, Security Erase, Enhanced Security Erase, or User-Defined Final Data Filling Pattern,
and the number of erase iterations (Security Erase, Enhanced Security Erase, and DoD erase protocols are NIST 800-88 compliance)
Quick Format: NTFS, FAT, exFAT, HFS+, EXT4
Logs and Erase Certification: The application generates extensive erase log files and erase certification (option to save to NIST 800-88 format) that are easy to export to USB flash drive
USB3.0 to SATA adapters and Kits Option: Today USB3.0 technology is extremely fast and can run read data from SSD drives up to 20GB/min.
With the use of USB3.0 to SATA 4 channel Kit, user can convert 4 USB3.0 ports to 4 SATA ports on any of MediaClone unit. The optional Kit is supplied with one external PS and it includes all the cabling to power and connect the 4 USB3.0 to SATA adapters.
The tested performance when running 4 adapters in parallel was measured at a very high speed and very little speed degradation.
USB3.0/SATA to M.2 (NGFF) adapters Option: Most current laptops and tablets use M.2 (NGFF) Storage devices. This adapter supports connectivity to some of the newest SSD M.2 storage (Storage that supported by SATA Protocols). There is a class of SSD drives, with NGFF connectors, that are not supported by SATA protocols, and are not supported by those adapters. The M.2 NGFF connectors, for instance, came in a variety of models, and were not standardized until 2014
Warranty: One year free warranty on the main unit (it is not included warranty on accessories, adapters and cables)
Compact Battery Option: External 10AH 12V Li-Polymer battery with a charger; User can complete erase data from 3 WD 1TB hard disk drives for around 2h, or perform erase data operation of USB flash drives for around 5h.
CPU: i5 Mobile Quad core
RAM: 4GB DDR3 internal memory with optional upgrade to 8GB
Three SATA power and data ports (The SATA power connector on the unit and on the cable is keyed and has a locking mechanism to prevent accidental disconnection)
Back Panel or Side Panel Add-on Ports:
4 USB3.0 ports
VGA port for External Monitors
Supplied universal auto switching 96W UL/CE/PSE external power supply adapter is keyed with a lock-in mechanism to avoid accidental disconnection.
Input voltage: 100-240V/50-60Hz
Power consumption excluding external drives: 35W
5°C - 55°C (40°F-130°F), relative humidity: 20-60% non-condensing
Unit Net Weight: 2.50 lbs.
Overall Dimensions: 7.5”x 6.0”x 2.5” (190 x 152 x 63 mm)
Shipping Box Dimensions: 14” x 12” x 8” inch
Shipping Box Weight: 10.00 Lbs.
SATA to 40-pin IDE solution
2.5” IDE 44-pin adapter
Three SATA data and power combo cables
Miniature USB Keyboard
Ergo USB Touch Pad
ZIF to SATA Adapter
1.8” IDE to SATA Adapter
USB3.0 to SATA adapters 4 Channel Kit (The kit includes one power supply to power 4 drives): With the use of this kit user can convert 4 USB3.0 ports to 4 SATA ports with use of one external PS at high erase speed: USB3.0 to SATA adapters 4 Channel KIT
(The drive caddies are not supporting pass-through o the HDD's serial number to the OS) External Compact Battery Option: Li-Polymer 10AH - 12V with a charger