Import of medical images without loss of time
Easily Import your patients' medical data, images and records from CDs, DVDs, USB-drives or SD-Cards into your PACS. To avoid transferring incompatible data or malware even, the images are not only copied, but checked for DICOM compliance by DICOM Store-SCP Gateways before being transferred to the internal hard disk. In doing so, the system verifies the DICOM compliance of each image during the import by means of an automatic and very quick procedure. DICOM C-Store Protocol modality carries out the transfer into PACS.
DISCUS import DMC has deliberately not been conceived as an automatic centralized solution. Many patients bring their own storage media containing their medical history and images to the reception of respective departments. The DISCUS Importer solution allows hassle-free transfer of these records into your own PACS, making patient referrals or transfers much less complicated.
With the manual DISCUS solution it is possible to import the relevant data directly and quickly at any registry point in connection with a simultaneous transfer into PACS, provided that a previous patient registration have being done trough DICOM Worklist or HL7/GDT from the RIS or KIS.
The import starts immediately after inserting the respective media, but only on the internal hard disk of DISCUS DMC-Import System. The imported patient data will be shown on the screen and from there can easily be stored or sent to a temporary DICOM-Memory. The interfaces DICOM WORKLIST, GDT and HL7 are optionally available. This allows respective patient data to manually or automatically be modified through RIS with simple clicks, assuring that only flawless data is transferred to your PACS.
The DISCUS DMC Import System is a plug & play web-based solution delivered on a headless micro-PC with integrated CD/DVD drive and Slot-In technology. Users have complete access to the system with all current web browsers. Access can be managed by implementing a user registry.
The DISCUS DMC Importer is a highly efficient and easy to handle tool for importing and saving medical media in DICOM format with diagnostic images and reports in a DICOM network environment.
Through DICOM Worklist, HL7 or GDT you can easily access patient data and edit previously imported images. Related data is automatically suggested. If there is no previous registration of the patient in the local RIS or PACS, the imported data can be manually adopted or corrected.
The DISCUS Dicom Media Import System can be installed in any reception point in the network and can be operated through any standard Web-Browser.
- Import any current DICOM object
- Supports DICOM compressed data
- Automatic CD/DVD/USB/SD recognition
- Fully automatic scan and import of media contents
- Manual scan and import from local and network drives
- Manual editing of patient data in DICOM Header
- Any number of DICOM C-Store SCP receptors configurable
- Automatic DICOM-transfer to all tabled receptors
- Local DICOM database
- Import/Export Status Monitor
- Documentation of all import/export procedures with password protection
- User administration with password
- Automatic modification of certain DICOM Headers
- Call up patient data from RIS, KIS or PACS (optional)
- Call up patient data through interface MWL, HL7, GDT (optional)
- Verify and compare patient data within PACS during import (optional)
- Automatic order suggestions for called up patients’ lists(optional)
- Indication of „import external data“ in each image (optional)
- Importing image files (JPEG, BMP y MPEG) and transformation to DICOM format (optional)
- Importing PDF files and transformation to DICOM objects (optional)
- Very compact “Plug & Play” unit
- Automatically import of all DICOM objects with manual or automatic transfer to any PACS
- Import DICOM data from CDs, DVDs, USB devices, SD-Cards and network drives
- Protection against harmful software, due to import through the DICOM Import-Gateway
- Full recording of the imported medical media
- Patient data synchronization with DICOM Modality Worklist, PACS-Query or HL7 with RIS/KIS (optional)
- Any number of DICOM Store storable
- The interactive user interface allows to manually check, compare and modify information
- Support import and storage of compress studies
- Conform with IHE Portable Data for Imaging (PDI) and Import Reconciliation Workflow (IRWF)
- Optimal protection against malware due to intuitive web-based user interface
- No direct user interface on the hardware
- Processor: Intel® Celeron® J1900 (4 Kerne, 2,0GHz)
- OS: Linux
- Internal memory : 4GB / PC3-10600 DDR3L SDRAM 133MHz
- Hard disk: 240GB
- Optical drive: CD/DVD
- Network connection: 1GBit Ethernet/IEEE 802.11b/g/Wi-Fi Wireless
- Measures: 15,5 x 19,3 x 2,2cm
- Weight: 3,2 Kg
For further information click here.